MY RESEARCH AND TEACHING interests RELATE TO FAMILIES, HOUSEHOLDS, GENDER, inequality AND the LIFE COURSE.
THE CHANGING DYNAMICS OF HOUSEHOLDS AND FAMILIES, PARTICULARLY IN THE LAST THIRTY YEARS or so, HAS IMPORTANT RAMIFICATIONS FOR understanding changing patterns of inequality and PLANNING EFFECTIVE SOCIAL POLICY responses.
I DESIGN AND ANALYSE LONGITUDINAL STUDIES AND USE a RANGE OF METHODS TO GAIN KNOWLEDGE OF THESE DYNAMICS.
Life Course Centre Director
- Centre Director, ARC Centre of Excellence for Children and Families over the Life Course (Life Course Centre)
- ARC Professorial Fellow, School of Social Science, University of Queensland, 2009 - 2013
- Professor, School of Social Science, University of Queensland, 2005 – 2008
- Associate Professor, School of Social Science, University of Queensland, 2000 – 2004
- Senior Lecturer, Sociology, University of Tasmania, 1998 - 2000
- Fellow, R.S.S.S., Australian National University, 1995 - 1997
- Families and households
- Gender inequalities in paid and unpaid work
- Transitions over the life course
full profile: Professor Janeen Baxter on uq researchers
Centre Director - Life Course Centre
- BA - Hons (Sociology) Australian National University
- MA (Sociology) Australian National University
- PhD (Sociology) University of Queensland